Thursday 30 August 2012

MERDEKA - Discard Politics and Celebrate Independence


Every year , citizens of Malaysia regard Merdeka public holidays as a 'day to relax', 'to go shopping'  or 'vacation time'. As much as the thought of it is wrong, I don't blame them as currently the national day is being politicized.

Two parties hitting each other with different Merdeka themes dividing the people. Of course, everyone has to pick a side, but I think all this should be put aside on a day we celebrate the sacrifice of those who regain the sovereignty of the nation.

Therefore, I was almost losing hope in the current scenario when I overheard a song played on the radio a few times that caught my attention. It was a beautiful and neutral song that gave me a sense of pride on the independence of my country, Malaysia. Well written song, I CHOOSE MALAYSIA !!! (not any party with political agenda especially on Merdeka day)


No comments:

Post a Comment